Thanks to Mitch Goldfarb for nominating me for a Blogger Recognition Award. I appreciate him considering me when passing along this blog award, and wish him all the best with his own site. You can read about him here, but be warned you’ll inevitably feel that you’re not doing enough with your time after seeing all the works this University Professor/Tai Chi master gets up to.
- Post an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and their blog, and link back to that blog.
- Explain briefly how you started your blog.
- Give a piece of advice to fellow bloggers.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award–as many as you wish, and notify them of their nomination.
Why I started my blog
I started my blog earlier this year in the hopes of driving myself forward with my writing. I initially started posting with a heavy focus on showcasing my writing, but recently I’ve started to post more opinion-focused articles and document my creation of a novel.
Advice for fellow bloggers
If I had any advice for fellow bloggers, it would be the same thing everyone has heard a thousand times – just write. Keep writing everyday, even if it’s only a sentence. Develop the habit like it’s smoking or biting your nails, eventually you’ll wonder how you coped without having the creative outlet to lose yourself in. As a bonus, after you’ve been doing it for a while you’ll probably be able to write something that doesn’t make you cringe.
- Writing Busy – https://writingbusy.wordpress.com/
Zach writes helpful and informative posts on writing and self-publishing.
- Marty Vee – http://martyvee.com/
An enthusiatic writer currently documenting her journey through NaNoWriMo.
- Susanna J. Sturgis – http://squattersspeakeasy.com/
Susanna is a perceptive editor who writes from her home on the island of Martha’s Vineyard.
- Jave Kavfi http://javekavfi.com/
An intelligent writer with a keen eye for the arts.
- Randomness Expressed http://randomnessexpressed.com/
A secularist who posts on whatever subject comes to mind, from relationships to atheism.
- Dirty Sci-Fi Buddha http://dirtyscifibuddha.com/
A humorous author currently working on his second science fiction novel.
So thanks again to Mitch for nominating me, and I hope some of you take the time to check out a few of the great blogs I nominated myself.
© 2015, Gavin Zanker. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.